This network brings general medicine physicians and care teams together to learn new ways to improve their patient care and to reduce variation in care. It also helps to address provincial priorities such as hallway health care.
The network provides resources to help members implement change initiatives within their hospital division, and the chance to learn from others across the province.
Specifically, it helps members:
- Use their data to identify opportunities for quality improvement
- Get ideas and strategies to improve care
- Be quality improvement leaders in their hospitals
- Be connected with other general internal medicine physicians and hospital teams
Physicians within the network can receive confidential MyPractice: General Medicine Reports that show their care patterns, outline their patient outcomes, and provide comparative data from their division. These reports can also support divisional improvement efforts.
The network’s goal is to expand to all hospitals across the province to accelerate the spread of quality improvement initiatives that result in better care for patients.
For information on joining the General Medicine Quality Improvement Network, please email GeMQIN@hqontario.ca.
Tools and Resources
Learn more about your practice with a confidential report that includes personalized data, along with suggestions to support you in improving care for your patients.
What’s in the Report?
- Practice and hospital-level data so you can see your care patterns and how they relate to those of your peers (e.g., length of stay, readmissions, in-hospital mortality)
- Practical tools and resources to help improve patient outcomes and their quality of care
For more information, please visit the MyPractice: General Medicine Report web page, or contact us at GeMQIN@hqontario.ca.
General medicine physicians in the following hospitals are currently part of this quality improvement network:
- Unity Health Toronto: St. Michael's Hospital
- Sinai Health System: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Trillium Health Partners: Credit Valley
- Trillium Health Partners: Mississauga
- University Health Network: Toronto General
- University Health Network: Toronto Western
The General Medicine Quality Improvement Network’s goal is to expand its reach to include more hospitals across the province.
For information on joining the program, please email GeMQIN@hqontario.ca.